Name and location of repository
Level of description
Searchlight Club Records 1896-1994
Name of creator
The Searchlight Club was organized as a reading circle in the summer of 1892 by six Grinnell women. Originally called the "Reading Club", its name was changed at the suggestion of Rev. George White to "Searchlight Club", since its members were "searching for the light" through study of history, current events, and fine arts. Their first constitution was drafted in 1896.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Consists of meeting minutes, treasurer's records, programs, photographs, one issue of the Searchlight Magazine, and a book manuscript.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Open for research.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright was tranferred to Grinnell College.
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
Duplicates, one gavel, one bank bag removed.