Name and location of repository
Level of description
Hartwick Congregational Church records 1880-1997
Name of creator
The Congregational Church of Hartwick was probably moved to Hartwick, IA during the 1880s. There is no record of the previous location or indication of the date the church was established in Harwick, but the earliest recorded reception of a member into the church was 1882. Some of the early pastors were W.E. Sawerman, A.H. Fish, Henry Willson, and Otis Crawford. Declining membership led to the closure of the church in 1999 (?).
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
The records consist of ledgers and notebooks documenting financial information, minutes of Church meetings, members and pastors including their responsibilities and actions within the Church. There is also a file of guest attendance.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Open for research.
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Given by the Hartwick Congregational Church to the Grinnell Historical Museum who kept the artifacts and donated the church records to Grinnell College.