Mostrar 38 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Apenas descrições de nível superior Grinnell College -- Admission
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

Grinnell Town History 1840- 1850-1950

  • US US-IaGG Pamphlet/020
  • Coleção

This collection includes newspaper clippings, pamphlets, photographs, memoirs, and other material related to the history of the community of Grinnell, Iowa.

Recreation

  • Pamphlet/078.0
  • Coleção

Admission

  • US US-IaGG Pamphlet/02.4
  • Coleção

RG-DEV:  Development Office Records 1913-1990

  • US US-IaGG Archives/RG-DEV
  • Coleção

The Development Office is responsible for the fund-raising operations of the college.  These records document its activities.

History & Background of the Office:

Perhaps the first donation to Grinnell College was in 1846 when J.J. Hill, one of the Iowa Band, made the gift of a silver dollar to challenge his colleagues to endow the College. Since that time, the College has been almost continually involved with fund-raising campaigns. In 1897 a Semi-Centennial Fund was established for enlarging the campus and for adding to the endowment. Four groups were targeted: alumni, trustees, faculty; citizens of Grinnell; Congregationalists of Iowa; and friends of education everywhere. Solicitations were sent out from the Semi-Centennial Committee.

In 1913 the Grinnell College Foundation was established to work with the Trustees of the College to manage and sell real estate, principally farm lands, given to the college under annuity plans. The Foundation financed men's and women's dormitories built in the second decade of the twentieth century. The College also had a number of endowment campaigns after the turn of the century. During the first half of the century, the College Treasurer and Business Officers were involved with development efforts, especially Louis V. Phelps (1915-49) and Charles Kaufman (1948-66). The fund-raising activities of the College were run by the administration, especially the President, and the Trustees for many years. In the late 1950s President Bowen hired the fund-raising counselling firm of Marts & Lundy to study the feasibility of raising substantial funds to meet the ongoing needs of the College. Then early in the 1960s, with the assistance of a matching grant from the Ford Foundation, the College hired its first, senior, fund-raising officer, John McFarland. From that time until 2005, development activities have been run from the Development Office. In 2005, the Development Office, the Alumni Office, and the Office of Communications and Events were combined under one Vice-President for College and Alumni Relations.

Development Officers:

1963-65 John R. McFarland, Jr. Vice President for Development 1966-66 Russell W. Fridely Vice President for Planning and Development 1966-71 James O. Avison Director of Development 1971-73 James O. Avison Vice President for Resources Planning 1973-76 James O. Avison Vice President for Institutional Development 1976-80 David L. Murphy Vice President for Development 1980-82 Richard T. Jenkins Vice President for Development 1982-92 Thomas K. Marshall Vice President for Development 1992-93 Michael S. Bever Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations 1994-96 E. Kevin Cornell Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations 1996-2001 Angela Voos Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations 2001 - 2005 Todd A. Reding Vice President for Alumnit Relations and Development, 2005 - 2010 Mickey Munley, Vice President for College and Alumni Relations

RG-TR: Trustees of Iowa (Grinnell) College

  • US US-IaGG Archives/RG-TR
  • Coleção

Consists of minutes of the Executive Committee of the Trustees, the Board of Trustees, the Finance Committee, and materials on the Fund for Excellence.

The cyclone of June 1882 destroyed the minutes of meetings of the Trustees of Iowa College. S. L. Herrick, Secretary of the Board, copied his records of meetings prior to that date.

RG-SP: Special Services and Summer Activities Office Records 1983-1996

  • US US-IaGG Archives/RG-SP
  • Coleção

Consists of Jim Work's office files.  Included are files concerning the celebration of the college's sesquicentennial in 1996.

The Summer Programs Office was organized in 1982 by James C. Work. The office coordinated special academic and athletic summer programs and outside groups using campus facilities for conferences. In 1989-1990 the name of the office was changed to Special Services and Summer Activities as additional responsibilities were added. During the college's sesquicentennial celebration, the office coordinated many on-campus and off-campus events. In July, 2001, the office merged with the Office of Public Relations to become the Office of Communications and Events.

Series 1 Summer Program Files: Have not been arranged; they include brochures and schedules from summer activities from 1983-1989.

Series 2 Sesquicentennial Celebration Files: Include memoranda, programs, planning and materials, and budgets for many events on campus and around the country. Also included are audio and video tapes of SQC events. The files are arranged by Grinnell activities and off-campus activities (generally arranged alphabetically by city).

Series 3 Scholars' Convocations: Includes 129 audiotapes of convocations from 1991-1997 and 23 videotapes of convocations, 1996-1997.

Resultados 31 a 38 de 38