US US-IaGG MS 01.187
Name and location of repository
Level of description
Wendell O. Metcalf Class of 1927 Materials
Name of creator
Name of creator
Iowa College was founded in Davenport, Iowa in 1846, by a group of ministers from Andover Seminary. This group of eleven misters called themselves The Iowa Band. The college opened its doors in 1848, admitted its first students in 1850, and graduated its first two students in 1854. The college relocated to Grinnell, Iowa, in 1858 and reopened its doors in 1861. The name of the college changed to Grinnell College in 1909.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
The collection contains a scrapbook, thee editions of "The Malteaser" (March, April, May of 1926), Smith Hall materials, reunion materials, and photographs.
Wendell Oliver Metcalf attended Grinnell College from 1923-1926. He died in 1993.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Materials donated by Wendell's son, Richard Metcalf, in February of 2018.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Four Cyclones (1925, 1926, 1927, and 1928) were separated from the collection.
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
Description control element
Rules or conventions
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Grinnell College -- Students (Subject)